Consider the security of a fixed rate mortgage.
Your home is one of the most exciting -- and most important -- investments you will ever make. Don't let mortgage interest rate concerns get in the way. Instead, put your mind at ease with the security of a fixed rate mortgage.
Security that's "locked in".
As the name implies, a fixed rate mortgage offers a specific interest rate that is fixed, or "locked in", for the term of the mortgage. It means you will know exactly what to expect, including:
- - the interest rate of your mortgage
- - the amount of your regular mortgage payments
- - the portion of your payments that goes toward principal and interest
- - the amortization of your mortgage (how long it will take to pay off)
Choose what works best for you.
With Closed, open and convertible fixed rate mortgages, you can choose the term that provides the level of security (and interest rate) that is right for you. For example:
- - if you don't anticipate paying off your mortgage before the end of the term by makng a prepayment, a closed morgage provides the lowest fixed rates available. However, if you change your mind, you will probably have to pay breakage fess.
- - an open mortgage can be paid off in part or in full at any time, without penalties. But because of the extra flexibility, interest rates are often higher.
- - a convertible mortgage gives you the security of a closed mortgage, but can be converted to a longer term, closed mortgage any time, without penalty. If you think rates may drop, this allows you to pick your moment to lock in your rate. But this is only beneficial if you convert and lock in at the right time.
If you are arranging a new mortgage, your fixed interest rate can be guaranteed up to 90 days before the closing date of your home. If interest rates go up during that period of time, you are protected because you will still receive the lower rate.
Save interest costs by prepaying any time.
Prepayments are optional, additional payments that go directly toward paying down your morgage principal, the amount you initially borrowed for your mortgage. That means, they help you pay off your mortgage faster - and, over time, that can save you interest costs.
I am in this business for the long term. Being a full-time agent, I am committed to providing you with excellent service and I continue to share my real estate knowledge and thoughts with you. I want to be know as your "Real Estate Advisor". Whether you want some reliable information about the Real Estate Market, or if you are just curious about how your home might stack up against neighbourhood listings, remember, I'm just a call away.
Are you an Owner? If you own property in the Mississauga, Oakville, or Burlington Communities, and you would like to sell your residence, contact Betty Bartusevicius and get a free market analysis.
Are you a Buyer and are interest in purchasing a home in the 905 area code? Contact Betty to receive FOR SALE/SOLD data of neighbourhoods to enable you to make an informed decision and do some comparable shopping.
Contact Betty Bartusevicius at 905 828 3434 or directly at 416 427 1875
Re/Max Realty Specialists Inc., Brokerage
Contact me by email; http://www.bettybart.com/AgentProfile/contactme.cfm
I can help you save time and money by shopping smarter;
Experience is not expensive; it is Priceless!